Many people who come to Germany possess a foreign secondary school certificate, vocational education diploma, college or university degree. In order to have better opportunities on the German job market these foreign qualifications can be assessed with regard to their equivalence to German qualifications. In Germany, different bodies and institutions serve to conduct the assessment or recognition of foreign qualifications, depending on your education.
In order to support you in the process of assessment and recognition of your foreign qualification, the Hannover Chamber of Commerce and Industry (CCI) has established a consultation centre for holders of foreign degrees and qualifications as a part of the project “Integration durch Qualifizierung”. Any person with a foreign secondary school, vocational education, college, or university degree, irrespective of specialisation or field of study (including vocational education degrees which do not initially refer to a “CCI profession”) can contact the Recognition and Qualification Consultation Centre. Our consultants will be your guides throughout the recognition process and your further qualification, as well as support you with:
- Information about the possibilities of assessment or recognition in your field of education
- Reference to the responsible body of recognition for your profession
- Supervision throughout the entire assessment or recognition process
- Assistance on all matters connected to the recognition process
- Information about further education, training and language courses
- Your further qualification aimed to attain full recognition of your degree or certificate
Please send us an e-mail or call us to make an appointment for a personal consultation session. You may also use our contact form. Also ask for our “Consultation Days” at the CCI’s branch offices in Hameln, Hildesheim, Syke, Stadthagen, Nienburg, Braunschweig and Göttingen.
You can reach us Monday through Thursday from 09.00 till 16 hrs. and Fridays from 09.00 hrs. till 14.00 hrs.
fon: +49 (0) 511 3107 - 517
fax: +49 (0) 511 3107 - 422
SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO COME TO THE APPOINTMENT, PLEASE KINDLY LET US KNOW IN ADVANCE, SO WE COULD CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE IT.
Please bring the following documents:
- your passport or ID
- in case you changed your name: name change or marriage certificate (in case of an inland and not international document, including a German translation)
- your curriculum vitae (in German)
- original certificates or diplomas (e.g. final diploma) and transcripts (mark sheet, diploma supplement) of your education
- for vocational education: if your original documents are not in German: translations of all certificates into German
- for academic/university education: if your original documents are not in English/French/Spanish/Italian/Arabic: translations of all certificates into German
- original work certificates or job references from your previous and current employers
- if your original job references are not in English: translations of your original job references into German
- Recognition certificate issued by the responsible authority in case you have already initiated your recognition process
Recognition and Qualification Consultation service for enterprises and institutions
- You are an entrepreneur or employer and would like to have support in the recognition or assessment of your staff members’ foreign qualifications?
- You plan to hire foreign skilled labour and are unsure about their qualifications?
- You wish to support an employee with partial recognition through his/her further qualification?
We would be glad to support your company by giving you advice about the recognition and further training for holders of foreign qualifications. Feel free to make an appointment with our advisors.
More information about “Recognition in Germany” as well as an overview of the responsible bodies for recognition for each profession:
List of all certified court translators in Germany:
Overview of all “Initial Contact Points/Recognition Consultation Centres” in Germany as well as further information about the project “Integration durch Qualifizierung”:
General information about living, studying and working in Germany:
Information about the status of foreign universities in Germany and first assessment of foreign school and university degrees:
Platform for the assessment of foreign skills and qualifications maintained by the Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology:
The “Central Office for Foreign Education” (= Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen) in Bonn issues so called “Diploma Assessments” (= Zeugnisbewertung) to holders of foreign academic degrees:
The original wording of the “Vocational Qualifications Assessment Law (Recognition Act)”:
An overview of all professions in Germany:
Information about the application at German universities:
An overview of all study programs in Germany:
Das Förderprogramm „Integration durch Qualifizierung“ zielt auf die nachhaltige Verbesserung der Arbeitsmarktintegration von Erwachsenen mit Migrationshintergrund ab. Das Programm wird aus Mitteln des Bundesministeriums für Arbeit und Soziales (BMAS) und des Europäischen Sozialfonds (ESF) gefördert. Partner in der Umsetzung sind das Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) und die Bundesagentur für Arbeit (BA).